Manas Lake. 6 kms from Kothrud.
Directions from Chandni Chowk:
› Head west from Chandni Chowk on Paud Road towards Pirangut
› Continue for 6.4 km on the Paud Road.
› Turn left into Manas Resort.
Growth Drivers in Western Pune
IT & ITeS
- Pune has India’s second largest IT hub, much of it in Western Pune
- Projecting 14.3 million jobs by 2015
- Infosys Pune campus to scale up to 32,914 employees
- IBM and Zensar expansion on the cards
- Capgemini Pune increases capacity by 2,800 people
- Home to Synechron’s largest centre in India
- Persistent Systems adding 2,000 employees
- GM targeting a 6-10% growth
- Fiat to expand its product line up from 5 models to 9 by 2016
- Mercedes Benz has doubled its capacity since April ’14
- Tata Motors starts Jaguar and Land Rover assembly at Pune
- Volkswagen to invest about Rs 1,500 Crores over the next 5-6 years
- 150+ colleges and institutes
- Some of the finest institutes across disciplines like medicine, engineering, management, fine arts, film
- Influx of international students: UWC Mahindra College batch of 2013-14 included 56 nationalities
- Lavale and Hinjewadi campuses of Symbiosis offer 7000+ UG degrees and 5000+ PG degrees annually
- Western Pune is dotted with hotels catering to the large number of business travellers that neighbouring businesses host
- A wide range: From compact business hotels like Ginger to five star hotels like Holiday Inn and Mariott
- The Ambrosia Resort and Spa as well as the group’s institute of hospitality management are located in Western Pune
- A vibrant mix of small and large units across various manufacturing sectors
- Spans an assortment of sectors like engineering, IT, pharmaceuticals, machine tools, chemicals, electrical and electronics
- Suzlon announced 8,000 megawatts of cumulative installations in India. Suzlon has cumulatively added over 7,600 megawatts of wind power capacity for over 1,700 customers in India across 40
- sites in eight States. Suzlon accounts for nearly half of the country’s total wind installations.
- Planned light rail system to connect the prominent IT hubs of Hinjewadi and Talawade
- 6-lane Mumbai-Pune Expressway connects Pune to Mumbai and other major commercial hubs.
- Metro rail for better intercity connectivity to be commissioned soon
- Proposed second international airport off Pune-Nashik Highway
- Houses world-class hotels, leading healthcare institutions and multispeciality hospitals as well as entertainment development